What we do at PHENIX
PHENIX uses its expertise and field experience to:
- Reduce all forms of waste
- Encourage new attitudes and behaviours regarding goods consumption and management
- Contribute on the ground to the transition towards a circular economy
- Mobilise different parties on forward-looking issues
We are to an extent the heirs of Lavoisier, who once said that “Nothing is lost, nothing is created, everything is transformed”.
Based on this motto, we want to put the bin out of business – because we know there are a number of reuse/recycling options available before resorting to the skip.
We want to make it easier for our clients to access these different channels (associations, discount outlets, recyclers etc.).
2016 Food Waste key facts in the United States
- Over $218 billion – 1.3% of GDP – spent towards growing, processing, transporting, and disposing of food that is never eaten.
- 63 millions of Food Waste generated
The source of waste:
- Agro-food industry: 18 %
- Retailers: 13 %
- Catering industry: 26 %
- Households: 43 %